Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Today, I experienced one of the tougher times in this thing called life. For most parents having to see their child hurt or disappointed is one of the toughest parts of being a parent because as parents we do everything possible to keep them from hurt, harm and danger. Well my daughter has tried for the last three years to pass an entrance exam to get into the same school that her brother attends. We were believing that this third time would be a charm but unfortunately after speaking with the admissions director I learned that once again she had not done well enough to be admitted. I struggled all afternoon with how I would present this information to my daughter. I cried while at work, because having to tell her that once again her scores were not good enough was almost more than I could bear because the last thing I wanted her to feel was that she was not good enough. I began to question myself as to whether or not I should have even allowed her to test after she didn't get admitted the first time. I began to wonder whether or not this would cause irreparable damage. I then began to ask God to give me the right words to say to her when I picked her up from school. As usual my God stepped in. When she got in the car she asked if I had heard anything and I looked at her and right away by the look on my face she knew the answer. I began to tell her how sorry I was and that this in no an indication of her overall abilities and that I was very proud of her for not giving up and for going after what she wanted. I was almost at the brink of tears and she ended up comforting me and telling me that she was fine and that there are other schools and that she was okay, and here I was thinking that I was going to have to comfort her. Our conversation ended with, we know that God knows what's best, that when He closes one door he always opens another one and that His plans for us are far better than our own. I thank you Lord for helping me through this time. You are truly an awesome God! I can't wait to see what you have in store for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment