Saturday, April 16, 2011

Chik Night with April Osteen Simons

Just wanted to let everyone know I had the most awesome time last night at an event called Chik Night at High Point Church in  Arlington, Texas. We've have been attending High Point for about the last 3 months and we believe this is the church that we will make our new church home, although New Bethany Baptist Church will always be a part of me because it is the church where I received my foundation in Biblical truth and they have the most awesome women's ministry in Fort Worth Texas in which I made a lot of really close friends.

Every Sunday morning since we started attending High Point they would advertise Chik Night but they never eluded to what it was all about so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I took cards and invited others as they asked that we do as well as posted it on my facebook page just because I believe in the church and what they are doing.  A friend posted back that she had been before and that it was very nontraditional but "it was off the chain". Well nontraditional it was but in a very good way. It was so much fun, just a whole bunch a women who came together in the name of the Lord to have a good time. Women in attendance were women from High Point Church as well as other women's ministries from other churches even one from as far away as Kokomo Indiana. There were dances by some of the students that attend the school there, the emcee Todd was so funny, they played funny videos,  they gave away gifts, chocolates and Chik-Fil-A. Everything was designed to spread joy and laughter. Pastor April stated before she shared her message that she wanted the night to be one where women could just let go of the stresses of life for one night and have a good time and that we did.

I thought I would share a few of the quotes from her message. Her message so lined up with the theme of my blog. I was truly inspired by her message and am going to work really hard to live it. The theme of the message was rain.
  • If you are going to enjoy the journey you have to stop magnifying the chaos
  • Make the decision to enjoy your journey
  • It's not about religion, it's about God
  • Are you going to just stand in the rain and get wet or are you going to dance in it.
  • A Chik full of joy can bust the enemy's backside
  • Enjoy the rain because without it there would be a drought
  • After the rain comes the rainbow
Can't wait till the next Chik Night.


Listen to sermons from High Point Church by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment