Sunday, April 3, 2011

An Attempt to Understand Life

While thinking about life and what it entails, I started searching the internet and found the following which I believe to be a pretty good description of what life is.

Their answer: 1) Living things need to take in energy
My response: In order to take in energy we must eat, *I'll share some of my favorite recipes. We must take in the sun. I will share some of my outdoor experiences
Their answer: 2) Living things get rid of waste
My response: My attempt to avoid and to rid my life of toxicity
Their answer: 3) Living things grow and develop
My response:  My own personal growth and struggles
Their answer: 4) Living things respond to their environment
My response: Responses to things that occur in my environment.
Their answer  5) Living things reproduce and pass their traits onto their offspring
My response: Reproduction is complete. This will include my attempts to instill the knowledge and wisdom that I have gained from life into my children so that they don't repeat my mistakes and so that they will have the best chances in this thing called life and so that they can be all that God  has called them to be.
Their answer  6) Over time, living things evolve (change slowly) in response to their environment
My response: I will share situations of growth in my life in response to my environment

Therefore, in order for something to be considered to "have life" as we know it, it must possess these characteristics.

No comments:

Post a Comment